Due to the ongoing global pandemic and in efforts to keep ourselves and our community safe, we are not scheduling in-person appointments until further notice. We are, however, scheduling consultations via a secure video connection or a phone call. Please contact our office to schedule an appointment and let us know your preference.
Once in-person appointments resume we will continue to follow state and CDC guidelines regarding safety precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic. As has been our practice during the last few months, we will not be using our main office space located at 3 Pitkin Street in Montpelier for in-person appointments. We will resume using an alternate, more open space as a safety measure for social distancing. This location, 25 Court Street in Montpelier, was the office of Attorney Paul Hanlon, who retired and transferred his practice to Attorney Claudia Pringles. Masks are required in the building and hand sanitizer will be provided on site for use upon entry and exit.
If you or someone you know is facing a dangerous situation or struggling during these trying times, please refer to the list below of support hotlines that are available:
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 (press 2 for Spanish), or text TalkWithUs for English or Hablanos for Spanish to 66746. Spanish speakers from Puerto Rico can text Hablanos to 1-787-339-2663.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) for English, 1-888-628-9454 for Spanish, or Lifeline Crisis Chat.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or text LOVEIS to 22522.
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-4AChild (1-800-422-4453) or text 1-800-422-4453.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) or Online Chat.
- The Eldercare Locator: 1-800-677-1116 TTY Instructions.
- Veteran’s Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or Crisis Chat or text: 8388255.
Find a health care provider or treatment for substance use disorder and mental health
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357) and TTY 1-800-487-4889
- Treatment Services Locator Website
- Interactive Map of Selected Federally Qualified Health Centers
Mental Health Resources
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Stress and Coping
- American Psychological Association
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topic
- CDC COVID-19
- CDCINFO: 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636) | TTY: 1-888-232-6348 | Website: cdc.gov/info